Thursday, April 2, 2009

My baby is 4

My baby girl turned 4 a few minutes ago. I am sad and happy! I am sad that time is flying. Somebody please tell me how to slow it down. I am happy that she is healthy and such a blessing. I learn from that little girl everyday. I love seeing the world through a child's eye's. It is much brighter!



We put a bunch of balloons in her room (while she was sleeping) and made her a crepe paper door for her room. She is going to wake up to a nice Birthday surprise. I think we are going to let her open her gifts from us tomorrow even though her party is not until Sunday. Tomorrow after dance class we are going to the peanut place (Coltons). She wants them to say "attention Coltons, this little girl is having a Birthday...etc. Then they will give her a sundae. I think she will hide under the table (knowing Maddy) but she may enjoy it. I guess we will see. It was all her idea. I think she is doing it for the ice cream :)

May God Bless everyone as much as he has us!

1 comment:

Shannon Willcutt said...

I am up waaaay too late!! About to hit the sack, but checked your blog first. Birthdays are a very emotional time, aren't they? They are indeed very happy, but a little sad too. I know just what you mean. I really in truly used to sit and have a little cry after the festivities of a birthday party, etc. There is so much anticipation in planning a party, etc., then it is over.

Funny...we have a peanut place too...ours is Santa Fe Cattle Co...we pass it anytime we are headed downtown, and Lucy gets so excited to see it. She loves that place. There are peanuts EVERYWHERE! It is her favortie place to go (although we don't go there very often).

I will be thinking about you today as you celebrate Maddy's birthday! Macy's is coming up...on May 29th she'll be 7. Lucy won't be 4 until September 12th...she JUST turned 3 1/2.

Praise the Lord for little girls!!

Love ya bunches!
Shannon